Sunday, July 5, 2009


I am feeling better this time than last I think. I am taking less medication and am mostly just very tired.

We had a pretty busy, active day on Friday, the day after my treatment. Scott and I took Annabel downtown to the park and then we ate lunch at Barley's. We walked around a fair amount. Annabel and I took a nap in the afternoon and then we went to dinner at Mario and Shannon's on Friday night. We all had a good time and left there at around 9 to get Annabel in bed. I was tired and my stomach was a little sore, so I took some medicine and went to bed.

When I woke up on Saturday, I was not feeling well at all. I spent the day in bed, mostly sleeping. I haven't felt too nauseated this time, but I have been very tired. I did manage to take a shower and put Annabel to bed, but that was about it as far as activity goes. I spent most of Sunday in bed as well. Annabel joined me for a long nap. Scott was able to get some things done outside while Kim and Annabel played in the afternoon. We had dinner together last night and then Annabel decided that she was going to stay up all night. It was not a good night for it!

This morning, Kim took me (and Annabel) to the doctor to get my Nuelesta shot to boost my blood cells. I have to get that shot in the stomach, but the nurse is really nice and even though it hurts, it is not that bad (if you enjoy getting shots in the stomach). After that, I had an appointment to meet with a genetic counselor to discuss cancer in my family history. It was just an interview type appointment. They would like for me to go back in a few weeks to give blood to see whether my cancer was caused by a genetic mutation. I might have been a little doped up at my appointment. Part of my current challenge is figuring out a way to manage my side effects without turning my brain to mush. I thought I had done a good job and taken a minimal amount, but I think I was on the mushy side. Kim and Annabel waited for me in the waiting room. They had some toys for Annabel to play with and she was not in a hurry to leave when it was time to go. We decided to go to the mall after that. I guess I had a little cabin fever and Kim needed some new pants. I wasn't really feeling up to it, but neither did I want to come home and get back in bed. We had a nice time. I'm glad I made myself go. I am pretty worn out now and Kim made me take a hydrocodone. I think she is doing an experiment to see which of my prescriptions make me the most fun to be around! Ha, ha.
The pictures are from our trip to the park on Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment