Monday, November 9, 2009

Update


WOW!  Has it really been that long since my last post???  I keep meaning to update, but I have put it off for a long time I guess. 

Let's see.....since my last post, I have had a treatment.  As I have mentioned before, my oncologist does a rudimentary measurement of my tumor when I see her before chemo.  I was dreading this past treatment and got a great pick-me-up when she went to measure and couldn't find it!  This is excellent news of course, but also doesn't mean that it is gone.  Again, rudimentary measurement.  We will know more the next time I have scans and then for sure when I have my surgery.  But it is very encouraging to know that the chemo is doing its job.  My recovery was pretty uneventful after my last treatment, which is also good.  Annabel spent a few nights with Scott's parents and Scott actually ended up working from home both Thursday (treatment day) and Friday.  Annabel had a great time with her grandparents and I enjoyed having Scott here to keep me company.  Kim came to visit on Saturday night and stayed until early Wednesday morning when she left to go back to work.  I love having her here to help with Annabel and keep me company while I recover.  She usually makes me get out of the house and doesn't put up with my crankiness or take it personally.  I am not the best company all the time!

The news interview aired on the Tuesday after my last treatment.  I am glad that I did it and I think it turned out ok, thanks to editing I'm sure!  Here is a link:
http://www.foxcarolina.com/video/21438004/index.html

I have become somewhat of a germaphobe lately.  Rightfully so if you want to ask me!  I don't want any part of the crud that is going around.  It would set me back and I am all about full steam ahead right now.  I am ready to be finished with chemo and getting sick is not part of the plan.  I haven't been out of the house too much and when I do leave, I am armed with hand sanitizer and wipes.  Since I got sick after #5, I have been really nervous about getting sick again.  I have gotten a flu shot, but I know that it doesn't prevent all kinds of flu.  I am just trying to stay away from germs since I don't have much longer now. 

The weather has been nice!  I love fall.  We have had some cozy days of chilly weather, but are still getting the occasional 70 degree day.  Annabel and I went to the zoo on Friday and she and Scott spent a lot of time outside this weekend playing on her playset and coloring the driveway and porch with sidewalk chalk.  I meant to take a picture of the house last week because our big crape myrtle looked beautiful with red-orange leaves, but they have mostly fallen now.  Oh, well. 

Annabel is talking up a storm.  She is getting good at putting words together and has been pretty conversational lately.  Every day is something new!  She is also VERY resistant to changing her clothes.  I have tried giving her two sets of clothes to choose from.  She will choose, but then has a fit when I dress her.  I have even tried to let her pick her own clothes, but that usually ends in disaster as well.  I am sure it's just a phase, but it is exhausting to have the same fight twice a day (jammies too!).  Right now, she is wearing a busy green calico-y pajama top and some black Halloween leggings with different prints.  We aren't going anywhere or else she would have on the matching shirt.  Or pajama pants!  Last week, we went to run errands and for whatever reason, she would only wear one sock.  As frustrating as it is, I still think it's pretty funny.  Before too long, she'll be able to tell me why.  On Friday, she will be 23 months old already.  She's almost 2!  I can't believe it.

Only a few more days until my LAST chemo!!!  I am not looking forward to the treatment itself, but I will be glad to have this phase of my cancer "journey" behind me.  I know it will take a long time to get back to normal, but at least I won't get the chemo beat-down every 3 weeks.  I feel icky whenever I think about even going to the doctor and the way it smells.  Scott got some red liquid hand soap for the bathroom and every time I look at it, it makes me want to gag!  I think I am having that association thing.  I am definitely going to have to take some anti-anxiety before my treatment on Thursday!  I look forward to hearing again that my tumor is disappearing.  I will also find out what scans and tests and doctor visits are required before my surgery and hopefully, I will have a surgery date.  I am nervous about that because there is so much going on in December....Annabel's 2nd birthday, Christmas and Scott's 40th birthday.  I don't want to miss out on anything, but I know I have to get it over with.  And at least if I have a date, I can start planning.  And I guess I have to do all of my Christmas shopping too! 

That is what's going on around here.  Maybe it won't take me so long to post again next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment